- CE Marking Certificate - Aggregate Production
- CE Marking Certificate - Aggregate Production specific to Glanworth Quarry
- CE Marking Certificate - Aggregate Production specific to Milebush Quarry
- CE Marking Certificate - Aggregate Production specific to Dolan's Pit
- ISO 9001 - Lagan Materials
- ISO 14001 - Lagan Materials
Agricultural lime is quarried at our Milebush facility from limestone rock that is naturally well balanced with up to 94% calcium carbonate and up to 3.4% magnesium carbonate This balance ensures optimum plant and animal nutrition.
Why do I need to spread lime?
Rainfall leaching and plant uptake steadily removes lime and minerals from soil. This is seen in practice by lower pH soil tests result. This lime must be replenished by timely additions of ground limestone to land, which help maintain calcium and magnesium levels and in turn keep the pH up to the target value.
Reduce problems associated with soil compaction.
Prevent leaching of fertiliser.
Correct soil pH status which will improve soil nutrient availability and maximise the return from each kg of fertilizers applied”.
Nitrogen and to a lesser extent potassium fertilisers will progressively leach away to surface and groundwater if they are not assimilated by the plant. Phosphorus becomes progressively less available to the plant with time because it becomes locked into inert compounds by reaction with soil silicates.
In order to get the maximum value for the fertiliser applied at the beginning of the season you must ensure that soil pH conditions are right to ensure that the uptake rate of the fertiliser by the plant is maintained at maximum throughout the growing season.
Why Spread Lagan Lime?
Lagan Lime corrects problems caused by excessive acidity which in turn
- Improves availability of essential nutrients
- Reduces Al and other metal toxicities
- Improves soil physical condition
- Stimulates microbial activity
Lagan Lime encourages micro-organisms in the soil. It helps in the release of nitrogen from organic matter; increases earthworm activity, which improves soil structure.
Lagan Lime provides a valuable source of calcium which is vital to both soil and animal health.
Lagan Lime is approved by the Department of Agriculture, Food & The Marine