Asphalt concrete is the material used in the lower pavement layers. The material is a made up of a mixture of course & fine aggregates, filler & bitumen. When combined & proportioned the end product is a continuously graded mixture that produces good aggregate interlock that gives the material its strength.
Benefits & Key Features
- Asphalt concrete is produced by Lagan to current EN 13108-1 specifications
- Asphalt concrete is usually a Base & binder layer but can be used as a surface layer in some instances.
- Asphalt concrete is the layer of the pavement that gives the pavement its strength. There are various different mixes available to suit different end uses. Applications include:
- New & existing road construction
- Heavy duty road pavements for ports & industrial roads & yards
- Car parks, residential areas & driveways